Aloha Members of the Environmental Caucus of the Democratic Party of Hawai’i
Your steering committee has a few important announcements and reminders for you.
First, reminder that we have two General Caucus meetings coming up, which we hope you plan to attend.
- Meeting one is on December 1, 2010, click here to view our Caucus Calendar with specific time and location
- Our purpose at this meeting is to report to the General Caucus regarding Steering and Subcommittee activities over the past months, as well as to encourage our General Caucus to become actively involved in our plans for the upcoming legislative year.
- Meeting two is on December 11, 2010, click here to view our Caucus Calendar with specific time and location
- Our purpose for this four-hour Saturday session is to promote an in-depth General Caucus discussion regarding our upcoming legislative agenda. We are looking for specific bills that we as a Caucus can advocate during the upcoming legislative session. The meeting agenda includes guest speakers, subcommittee breakout sessions, active discussions, and a vote on our Caucus’s top legislative priorities for the upcoming session.
- Members on the Neighbor Islands are encouraged to attend both meetings via teleconference.
- Contact either Gary or Lynn on the steering committee as soon as possible to make arrangements.
Second, reminder that we have made arrangements with the Sierra Club to have our Caucus Members included in their December 4, 2010, Capitol Watch’s “Forces for Good” Symposium
- This event will include:
- Our Caucus’s much needed advocacy training
- Guest Speakers, including our own Caucus Chair Gary Hooser
- Meetings with several of our new Representatives and Senators
- A tour of the inner workings of the Capitol
- A light lunch and a t-shirt
- The cost is only $5, making it the best bargain in town
- Click here for more information and to RSVP
Third, we are updating our e-mail list and switching servers. In the past, we have had to update our e-mail lists manually. Christian Adams has spent hours imputing the vital information. By switching servers, we are able to automate the system and free up valuable member time. We have chosen a service that protects your information and actively prohibits spamming. However, we do ask that you to do one thing right away to ensure a seamless transition:
- Simply click on this link to resubmit your name and e-mail address to our new list. In other words, we would like everyone to re-request being on our mailing list. Your few minutes of time with save us hours of labor.
- After you have signed up, the service will send you an e-mail asking you to verify your request. Click on the link in that e-mail to verify your request, and we will be able to send you all future official Caucus news alerts and e-mails.
- We also encourage you to bookmark this link, so you can pass it on to colleagues and friends interested in joining our Caucus.
Fourth, we have a new website. You can visit it by clicking here. For those of you who truly want to be active in the Caucus, we suggest that you visit the website and subscribe to its blog. (You will find a “subscribe to this website” option located on the top right hand corner of every page, and you need only provide an e-mail address) Subscribers will receive convenient e-mail notifications every time we post environmental news or action alerts. Unlike official Caucus e-mails, our blog allows members to interact, suggest posts, and make comments.
- The website also contains all Caucus and subcommittee contact information; our official Caucus meetings and events calendar; a link to our new e-mail service allowing people to join automatically; copies of our mission, bylaws, and meeting minutes; and links to recommended sites, including our new Facebook group page and our Facebook open forum page.
- We would love you to drop by, bookmark, and explore.
- We suggest that you share its link with interested friends.
- We especially encourage you to subscribe.
Finally, if you are still interested in joining a subcommittee, please contact the subcommittee chairs directly. Their contact information is posted on our website. Click here for a direct link.
Mahalo for your time, and we hope to see you at our next meeting.
Lynn Marie Sager
Environmental Caucus of the Democratic Party of Hawaii