We have an important General Membership Meeting in just a few days. We ask once again that you join us in person.
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Location: St. Clement’s Episcopal Church Auditorium
1515 Wilder Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96822-4614
Neighbor Islands: Please contact email@example.com if you would like to join our meeting via teleconference.
Tentative Meeting Agenda:
6:00 meeting called to order with a check in from Neighbor Island Participants
1. We have amended our Bylaw in accordance with the Rules Committee. We are asking you to accept them. (We encourage you to review the Bylaws changes before attending the meeting. If you would like to review our amended Bylaws click on this link. All changes required and accepted by the rules committee are in bold; these are the changes that we are asking you to accept. If you wish to have a copy of these bylaws at the meeting, we ask that you print it out yourself, as we are trying to remain as paper free as possible.).
2. Explain and open nominations for SCC Representatives:
ARTICLE NINE: CERTIFICATION PROCESS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL CAUCUS NOMINEES TO THE STATE CENTRAL COMMITTEE
Section 1. A person seeking election as a representative of the Environmental Caucus to the State Central Committee of the Democratic Party of Hawai`i must be a registered voter and member of the Democratic Party of Hawai`i, and of the Environmental Caucus on or before the scheduled date of the biennial State Party precinct meetings in the even-numbered year in which the person seeks election.
Section 2. A person seeking election as a representative of the Environmental Caucus to the State Central Committee of the Democratic Party of Hawai`i shall file, with the Secretary of the Environmental Caucus nomination papers, which shall include:
1. Ten dollar ($10) filing fee payable to the “Democratic Party of Hawai`i”;
2. Signatures from five members of the Environmental Caucus;
3. Written statement showing:
A. A demonstrated involvement and active participation with the Environmental Caucus meetings and/or Environmental Caucus activities; and
B. Commitment to attend the State Central Committee and Environmental Caucus meetings.
Section 3. The nomination papers shall be submitted to the Secretary of the Environmental Caucus prior to or at the meeting of the Steering Committee of the Environmental Caucus to be held ten (10) days prior to the deadline for submission of nomination papers to the Democratic Party of Hawai`i. The Steering Committee of the Environmental Caucus will meet, review and make certification(s) based upon the adopted criteria above on this date and time at said Steering Committee meeting. If application is rejected for certification, the applicant will be informed with 48 hours.
3. We are calling for a special General Membership Meeting on March 23, 2011, (location to be announced) to vote on our SCC Representatives. All nomenies are requested to have their paper work in by our next Steering Committee meeting on March 9, 2011.
4. Treasure/fundraising report
5: Subcommittee Reports on Important Legislation to follow:
Energy and Climate
Food and Farm Sustainability
Meeting scheduled to adjourn at 7:15.
Then grab a bag if popcorn and get ready for an inspiring documentary because following our official meeting, the Environmental Caucus of the Democratic Party of Hawaii is sponsoring a special showing of Two Angry Mom’s
A documentary about two women who set out to change the way their schools provide food to their children by creating school gardens. Also, an informative and inspirational “How to Guide” for how our community can to do the same.
The movie is schedule to start at 7:30 in the St. Clement’s Auditorium (running time 62 minutes). Admission to view the film is free and open to anyone in the community, so please forward this e-mail to your friends, and ask everyone you know to join us at 7:30. The popcorn however is not free, and all concession profits will help us to pay for this informative Caucus event.
Finally, for those who are interested, we have invited several local educational and garden experts to lead a question and answer session after the film.
I hope to see you there.