Our Caucus would love you to spend Earth Day with us by taking part in
An Educational Field Trip
A Day in the Life of Hawaii’s Agricultural Inspectors
* View the Hawaiian invasive species problem first hand.
* Learn exactly how our critical tax dollars are spent to keep Hawai’i free from the invasive pests threatening our local environment and economy.
* See how our current inspection system operates, and uncover ways that it can be refunded and improved.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Field Trip Start Location:
HDOA Plant Quarantine
1849 Auiki Street, Honolulu, HI 96819
Click here for map and directions
Field Trip Itinerary:
* Meet and greet over coffee and donuts
* Introductory talk by Glenn Sakamoto: Training and Education Specialist from the Department of Agriculture
* Live Animal Showing
* Plant Quarantine Facility Tour
* Special Guest Discussion Panel
* Finally, join our Caucus for a plastics and Styrofoam free potluck picnic on Magic Island followed by a whirlwind trash clean up.
This field trip is free to everyone but space is limited,
so please send your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org