Aloha Members of the Environmental Caucus of Hawai’i,
I wanted to remind you all that we have an important General Membership Meeting tomorrow, Sunday. We will be voting on a number of important issues, so please try to attend. Here are the details:
Environmental Caucus’s next General Membership Meeting will be held:
Date: Sunday, September 18, 2001
Time: 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Location: State Democratic Headquarters
1050 Ala Moana Blvd, #2660
Honolulu, HI 96814
Neighbor Island teleconference number:
Participant Access Code:
o 1:00 Room Open
o 1:30 Special Announcement from Chair Gary Hooser
o Report on Bylaw Updates and Vote to approve proposed changes
- We would like to expand the Steering Committee so that each neighbor island has a voting representative
- We have been told that now that our Caucus is official, we need to change the name of the Steering Committee to Executive Committee
- We would like to create a way for absent Steering Committee members (or should I say Executive Committee members) to vote by proxy. Currently, in order to vote, members must be present.
- At the meeting, we intend to present these changes to you and ask that you vote to accept them
o Voting for new Executive Committee Members:
- Christian Adams had to resign from the Steering Committee because of his ever-filling schedule. We will be looking to fill this position.
- We would also like to vote for any new At-Large Neighbor Island Representatives should the bylaw changes be approved.
- IMPORTANT: If you would like to be nominated to the Steering Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your interest.
- We are still looking for someone willing to take on the job of Secretary. Mike has been swamped has had a hard time fulfilling his office.
o Overview of our Strategic Plan for the next legislative session, including the need for Primary Citizen Advocates
o Follow-Up on our “Roundtable Discussion Series, including “A Caucus Recommendation Letter” for moving forward.
o Announcement of Caucus Anniversary Event scheduled for the 22nd of October at 6:00 pm.
As you can see by the proposed agenda, we have a lot of important information to discuss and vote on. Please make it a priority to attend.
Finally, I am hoping to test a new computer teleconference option called Wiggio. If you cannot attend in person, are computer literate, and would like to try attending through video conferenceing, please let me know via email. I will send you an invitation to our video conference group on Wiggio. We will be testing it before the meeting (about 1:00). If all goes well, we will have the video conference connected for the entire meeting.
Lynn Marie Sager
Environmental Caucus of the Democratic Party of Hawai’i