Today, Fri Jan 18th deadline ! to make comments about massive developments planned Turtle Bay !
Testimony link > http://www.KeeptheNorthShoreCountry.org
and/or send individual email to each of the following:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and be sure to include a cc to: ccComments@honolulu.gov
*Even just emailing in two lines is helpful. Use the following or even better add you own words:
“I oppose any expansion at Turtle Bay.
“My family is very concerned about:
1. Traffic and the inevitable widening of Kamehameha Hwy from Kahaluu to Kahuku,
2. Hawaiian Iwi and traditional Hawaiian rights,
3. Fishing & effects of overpopulation on our Ocean,
4. Overcrowding on our beaches and the loss of beach access for our local families,
5. Endangered Species including the loss of turtle nesting area, beaches where monk sear haul out to rest. and rare coastal plants,
6. Quality of Life in Oahu, the rural character of Windward Oahu and the North Shore will forever be changed,
7. Damage to our Film Industry & high-paying film jobs-because Turtle Bay is the #1 resort for Filming,
8. Damage to our Tourist Industry with overcrowding in a key scenic area,
9. The added infrastructure expense for sewer disposal plant and highway improvement that we the public will have to pay for,
10. This massive tourist destination expansion outside of the planned south shore tourist destination areas will set a president for “secondary tourist development” throughout Oahu.
also Save Turtle Bay Endangered Species Petition
Mahalo for SHARing with friends & family: facebook, email, twitter
Keep it Country, Grow Film Jobs ! my Op-Ed>